Our Promise to You
- When receiving our services you are entitled to expect:
- A high quality of care and treatment that is easily accessible and given wherever possible.
- Dignity and respect at all times and to be treated as an individual.
- Staff to address you in the manner of your choice.
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- Respect for your religion and culture.
- Whenever possible you and your relatives or carers, if you wish, to be involved in making choices about your care.
- Clear explanations about your care and treatment, giving you the chance to ask questions.
You can be assured that you will:
- Receive care without discrimination.
- Be given a full explanation where there is any undue delay in your care.
- Receive a second opinion if you request it.
- Be allowed to choose whether or not to participate in clinical trials and student training.
We ask that you:
- Do what you can to look after your own health and follow advice on a healthy lifestyle.
- Let us know of any change of name, address, telephone/contact number or next of kin as soon as possible as we may need to contact you urgently on occasion.
- Care for yourself when appropriate (for example, you can treat yourself at home for common ailments such as coughs, colds and sore throats).
- Listen carefully to advice on your treatment and medication. Tell the GP about any treatment you are already taking and inform us if you do not understand or are unclear about your treatment.
- Keep your appointment or let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it.
- Only request a home visit if the patient’s medical condition prevents them from attending the surgery – please telephone before 10.30am if possible.
- Only contact the Out of Hours Service if the patient’s medical condition cannot wait until the next surgery.
- Treat us with courtesy and respect and be patient when we are busy – please understand that some emergency situations may take priority.
- Return any equipment that is no longer needed.
- Be aware that some certificates, reports, vaccinations and medical examinations are not covered by the NHS. These, therefore, carry a fee and a list of charges is available at Reception. Please accept that you may be asked for payment in advance.
- Do not smoke or use your mobile phone in the building.
- Use this guide to help you find the services you need.